SEARCH THIS BLOG

Sunday 10 June 2012

CHANEL PERFECTION LUMIÈRE FOUNDATION


I adore Chanel, to me it stands for everything that is eternally chic. However the only piece of this chic-ness I am able to get my mitts on; is in the form of their makeup. Though I am a fan of their makeup, I have not been able to use Chanel Foundation due to the limited shade range- until Perfection Lumière, which is available in 20 shades. (Although there are 20 shades, most UK stockists seem to have 16 shades, including BEIGE 050, which doesn’t appear on US websites, and happens to be the shade for me!)


I loved this foundation from the first use. It has an incredible texture, it’s not too liquid, neither is it too thick and so silky and lightweight on the skin. The coverage is medium, but you will get different results depending on the tool you use to apply it. Using primer, SPF or moisturizer can also alter the appearance of your foundation. I used Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer to really smooth out my skin.
 It’s quite sheer when applied with your fingertips and gives more coverage with a stippling brush, but I think I get the best results using a combination of my fingers and a Beauty Blender; it really brings out the best in the foundation.
The finished look is matte, as it is a liquid to powder finish, but not in the way matte foundations have traditionally looked. Perfection Lumière really does create “Multi-faceted” radiance”, as described on the Chanel website. My skin has never looked so, for lack of a better word, radiant! I did need to still use concealer around my eyes for dark circles, but I think most of you will be able to forego this step because Perfection Lumière offers enough coverage.

Because of the liquid to powder finish, you don’t need to set this foundation with powder. I have been using it in fairly warm weather (which has now come to an end L) and have not needed to touch up with powder after 6 hours of wear. However, when I did try to blot with powder, it did make the foundation cake, so instead I blot with paper or a tissue.

I’ve heard quite a few people commenting on the scent, but there are far worse over-scented foundations- namely Lancôme’s Teint Idole Ultra 24H.

This is a great foundation to try if you’ve always wanted to try out Chanel makeup; I’m certainly enjoying my little piece of chic J

No comments:

Post a Comment