SEARCH THIS BLOG

Sunday 22 July 2012

YVES SAINT LAURENT LE TEINT TOUCHE ECLAT FOUNDATION


Anticipation is not the word for the way I felt towards waiting for the launch of this foundation! Needless to say the launch of YSL’s Touche Èclat Foundation was diarised, iCalendarised and sticky-noted until its arrival at Selfridges on June 28th, on which date I promptly purchased my bottle of gold.
Like Chanel’s Perfection Lumière Foundation, this is YSL’s widest foundation shade range of 22 colours, across 3 colour groupings. Beige (B) shades, which are neutral, Beige Dore (BD), golden shades and Beige Rose (BR), pinky shades- which is always fabulous news for those longing to use the brand, but not able to find a shade.
I was matched with shade B60. I decided to actually use this foundation for a decent amount of time before reaching a verdict…
I was expecting this foundation to be a lot more transparent and oily, but was pleasantly surprised to find that it has almost a medium coverage without being heavy at all. I did however still need to conceal dark circles, though the foundation did brighten the eye area.
Another surprise- It is also quite long lasting, despite the finish; I was able to go 10 hours without retouching- which I think is quite amazing seeing that I chose not to powder set this foundation to preserve the ‘dewyness’.
I experimented applying the foundation with a beauty blender, stippling brush and flat foundation brush. Because the foundation is fairly liquid in consistency, I felt the beauty blender absorbed the foundation too much and deposited a bit much on my skin. For the same reason, using a flat foundation brush resulted in a streaky finish, but this can be blended out with a sponge. The stippling brush gave me the best finish. (I also used M.A.C. Prep + Prime SPF 50 and L’Orèal Anti-Shine Mattifying Primer).
 I did feel B60 was a little too light for me, so I mixed in a little BD60, which looked perfect. This foundation is very blendable (the blended in swatches above the thickly applied swatches; can barely be seen), and I could have easily used B60, BR60 or BD60 and gotten away with it, it just depends on the tone in your skin that you want to accentuate. It also photographs true to colour, despite the SPF19.
This is a great foundation if you’re after a softly glowing effect, that looks like your skin but better- definitely my Summer foundation of choice!

4 comments:

  1. I also have this foundation, and I am loving it !! We are actually the exact same shades surprisingly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi there, my MAC shade is between NC40-42. I did find that the YSL B60 didn't have enough yellow in it, but there is a big jump between BD50 and BD60, which are more golden.

      Delete
  3. Unfortunately, I do not have a YSL counter near me and I really want to order this ! I was confused between in BD50 and B60 from what I have seen online. I am mac NC42. Thanks though :)

    ReplyDelete